Vastu & Your Garden
As an environmental science Vastu Shastra observes the workings of natural forces and controls the influences of magnetic poles, sun rays, and land compositions on human and other living things. According to Vastu, gardening at home or office must follow some rules to keep the positive flow of energies intact. While building a home or office, Garden-Vastu, nowadays remains one of the most overlooked sections during interior decoration because people tend to forget the importance of it. Proper Garden-Vastu maintains happiness and prosperity in home as well as office. To do this, it’s important for the five basic elements to work in harmony as Imbalance of any element, whether soil (earth), sun (fire), wind (air), water or space may lead to irreversible damage. Well develop landscape or garden not only attracts guests & owners in most effective way but also ensures free flow of positive energy that keeps the mind fresh and healthy. Greenery around the house makes you to inhale clean breathe every time you take a stroll around it helping you to restore peace within you. As a general rule, a garden must be in the North or West side and inside the borders of the compound.
The Science of Vastu has excellent advice for both outdoor garden as well as the indoor one that is maintained inside the home in places like the living room, kitchen, terrace or balcony.
Vastu tips for an outdoor garden are as follows:
- Garden should be made in the East or North zone.
- Avoid South-east and South-west for any kind of plantation.
- East or North direction is best to grow smaller shrubs and bushes.
- East direction is good for planting fruit-bearing trees.
- For overall well-being; prosperity and harmony keep Tulsi or Holy Basil inside the premises of your house or office.
- One must avoid thorny plants like a cactus at any cost.
- In the South-West direction plant trees like Coconut, Palm, Ashok, Lemon, etc. Here, you must keep in mind that while planting these trees you must keep provision for enough distance them and your house.
- If you plant trees like Mango, Peepal, and Neem in the West part then it will act in favour of your house.
- Do not plant Big trees or plants in the middle of the garden.
- Entertaining section for children should be located in North-west.
Vastu tips for indoor home garden
- Never grow plant more than 3 feet in an indoor home garden.
- Place flower pots in the North, East or North-East zone of your home.
- Always keep the flower pots on the ground never hang them on the wall.
- For bedroom keep tall and full grown plants (again not more than 3 feet).
- Creeper plants should not be grown on the walls. They should have their separate supporting structure.
- Do not keep Bonsai plants inside a house.
- Keep at least one money plant to ensure good luck and prosperity.
A Vastu guided garden brings in positive energies in the surrounding with and enhances the lives of the owner of the house and restores peace and happiness.
Disclaimer – All data, interpretation, prediction, information and comments received through Chandra Uday Vastu are generic. Effects can vary as per individual’s horoscope or present Vastu conditions. All Vastu tips from all sources must be verified by the specialist.